Gain deeper insight into consumer shopping behavior
Technology continues to alter the course of consumer interactions with retailers in stores, online, and via mobile devices. To reach today’s shoppers effectively and efficiently, brands and retailers need a clear line of sight into the motivations that drive channel preferences.
The Simmons Retail Trends and Technology Study examines American consumers’ purchase processes across channels, measures spend and usage benchmarks across categories, and takes a deeper dive into technology-enabled shopping behaviors.
- Path of research activities that lead to online and in-store purchases.
- Factors influencing consumers’ decisions to shop in stores and online.
- Purchasing and spending by product both in store and online.
- Influence of lifestyle factors on personal decisions to shop online.
- New shopping technology usage and interest, including virtual assistants, bots, virtual reality, and click and collect.
- Usage, spending, and reasons for enrolling in retail subscription services across categories.
- Engagement with direct sellers; companies, money spent, and attitudes about type of involvement.
- Participation in social media retail; types of purchases, ad awareness and receptivity; charitable cause donations.
Category and Product Deep DivesLearn more about where products are purchased, the amount of money spent, factors influencing where products are purchased, attitudes about shopping for products, and satisfaction with products purchased.
- Loyalty Programs
- Direct seller products
- Subscription services
- Store brands/pop-up shops